Megastar Chiranjeevi joined forces with his ardent fans, hero Ravi Teja and director Bobby Kolli, and the result is the Sankranthi blockbuster Waltair Veerayya. Today, the film completes its 50-day run at 115 centres in the twin Telugu states and Karnataka. Out of these, 70 are direct centres including 5 centres in the Kannada land.
Waltair Veerayya’s success is special not just for Chiru or the movie’s team, but even for the Mega fans. Bobby has succeeded in bringing back the 90s vintage Chiru in his full glory as a mass demigod. Many scenes in the movie were literally fan moments for fans.
Coming to the box office numbers, Waltair Veerayya has collected a whopping worldwide share of Rs 138 Cr so far. The film gave Chiru the much-needed success after the two forgettable duds back-to-back, Godfather and Acharya. Whether or not Waltair Veerayya can surpass Chiru’s career-best grosser Sye Raa Narasimhareddy’s lifetime collection of Rs 143.50 Cr remains to be seen.
Shruti Haasan is the leading lady in Waltair Veerayya. Music composer Devi Sri Prasad literally loaded poonakaalu to Mega fans with his energetic and foot-tapping album. Leading Tollywood production house Mythri Movie Makers has bankrolled the project.
Articles that might interest you:
- Latest collections on Dasara in AP and TS are here
- Oke Oka Jeevitham’s world television premiere date locked
- Here is how much Nani’s Dasara collected worldwide to date
- Dasara earns higher on day 3 than on day 2 in Nizam
- Buzz: NBK 108’s digital rights are with this OTT service
- Shocker: Telugu artist Costume Krishna is no more
Ad : Teluguruchi - Learn.. Cook.. Enjoy the Tasty food