The trend of directors and actors taking the microphone and testing their vocal chords is not new. Chiranjeevi, Kamal Hasan, Aamir, and Mohanlal, have all done it before. And once the novelty wore off they (wisely) stayed away and stuck to their core skill – acting. But thanks to Kolaveri Di, the rush has begun anew. Puri and Mahesh are belting it out in Businessman, while Mallika is doing her bit for her ongoing film with Sonu Sood. But lightning, rarely if ever ,strikes twice. Kolvari Di was a viral hit. It is not something simon-pure musicians swear by. Keeravani compared it to his “Jinthatha” beat in Vikramarkudu. That’s not to say actors cannot sing. In some form or another there are a few who have a flair – Siddarth and Shruti Hasan come to mind. But by and large not many are up there. What’s more the audio stakes are too high for a producer to take too many chances in the name of variety.
- Nani-Indraganti film gets a launch date
- Fans relieved- Bunny finally starts AA19
- Has Nani taken a risk with Gang Leader?
- Kanchana 3 becomes a big hurdle for Jersey collections
- Star heroine to host Bigg Boss?
- Crazy rumor about Bunny-Trivikram film goes viral