Not many are aware of the fact that Tollywood star Ravi Teja was approached by National award-winning Tamil director Vetrimaaran for a key role in Dhanush’s acclaimed 2018 crime drama, Vada Chennai. Vetrimaaran himself revealed this unknown fact in a latest social media interaction with cricketer Ravichandran Ashwin.
Vetrimaaran said that he first narrated Vada Chennai’s script to Vijay Sethupathi and asked him to play North Madras smuggler Rajan’s role in the movie. Even though Vijay Sethupathi was mighty impressed with the script and his role, he couldn’t do it due to a packed schedule.
It was then that Vetrimaaran had narrated the story to the Mass Maharaj when the latter was shooting in Pondicherry. Even Ravi Teja was bowled over by the script, but he expressed his helplessness in accepting Vetri’s offer due to his busy schedules. Later, Vetri approached noted Kollywood director Ameer Sultan for the role and the latter signed the movie without even listening to the script.
Articles that might interest you:
- Salman Khan did not charge one rupee for Godfather – Chiranjeevi
- Heroine locked for Sree Vishnu’s next
- Dasara’s big single update is here
- Vikram Vedha starts on a slow note- day one collections here
- Ponniyin Selvan’s day one collection in Nizam is here
- Adipurush and Varasudu going for the same date?