Released yesterday amid sky-high expectations, Thalapathy Vijay’s sports drama, Bigil, received a positive response from fans and critics. Even the film’s Telugu version, Whistle, is getting a decent response from movie lovers.
On its opening day, Whistle collected a decent share of Rs 2.60 crore from a gross of Rs 4.08 crore. This is the best ever opener for a Vijay-starrer in the Telugu states, beating his previous film, Sarkar’s Rs 2.3 crore share.
Here is Whistle’s area-wise share breakdown in AP & Telangana:
Nizam – 0.64 Cr
Ceded – 0.58 Cr
Guntur – 0.56 Cr
Vizag – 0.24 Cr
East – 0.19 Cr
Krishna – 0.15 Cr
West – 0.13 Cr
Nellore – 0.11 Cr
Total day 1 AP and Telangana share – Rs 2.60 crore
Articles that might interest you:
- Lavanya rejects liquor endorsements
- Fighter girl Ananya Panday wants to do some hardcore action
- Buzz on Tamannaah and Samantha’s remuneration for Aha shows
- Nani’s next to have a third female lead
- Hindi version of Jersey getting crazy OTT deals?
- After Deepika and Alia, this star heroine to debut in Tollywood?