Superstar Rajinikanth’s 2.0 got a huge release and big bucks at the box office upon its release in late November; however, the story is quite different for his latest film Petta. The Telugu rights of the film were bought by Ashok Vallabhaneni, who recently released Nawaab and Sarkar in Telugu.
Given that there are three other major Telugu films releasing between Jan 9 and Jan 12, it is looking extremely tough and unlikely that Petta will get a good number of screens. In fact, in Nizam, which is a huge market for Rajinikanth’s films, things are looking difficult for the team. However, on the encouraging side, the trailer has been well received, and if the film manages to impress the audience, it could sustain the competition during the Sankranthi period.
Directed by Karthik Subbaraj, the film also has Trisha, Simran, Nawazuddin Siddiqui, and Vijay Sethupathi in important roles. Anirudh has scored the music.
— Vijayasai Reddy V (@VSReddy_MP) January 5, 2019
Articles that might interest you:
- FDFS : Live Updates from Gaddhalakonda Ganesh
- Star DP’s daughter in talks for Vijay’s next?
- Nithiin’s reprise of Vijay Sethupathi in Valmiki raises curiosity
- Bollywood superstar lauds Sye Raa’s trailer
- Sye Raa’s special screening for Bollywood celebs
- Details of Pawan Kalyan’s voice over in Sye Raa