Aval Appadithan, a 1978 Tamil film starring Kamal Haasan, Rajinikanth, and Sripriya, is often hailed as one of the best films in the respective actors careers. Directed by C Rudhraiya, the film has gained cult status over the years, and now, a Tamil filmmaker Badri Venkatesh is planning to remake the film.
Apparently, Badri Venkatesh has already pitched the idea of the remake to Shruti Haasan, and he’s keen to have her onboard to reprise Sripriya’s role. In her career spanning a little more than a decade, Shruti has been carefully avoiding remakes of her father’s films; however, it remains to be seen if she agrees to be part of this remake.
Incidentally, when asked about whom he would like to cast for the other two lead roles, Badri Venkatesh stated that he has Simbu in mind for Rajinikanth’s role, and either Dulquer Salmaan or Vijay Deverakonda for Kamal Haasan’s role. As of now, the project is merely a proposal and the director is hoping to get the remake rights soon. But even then, it remains to be seen if this combination materialises when the project takes off.
Articles that might interest you:
- Pawan Kalyan to visit flood-hit Rayalaseema ahead of bypoll
- Noted hero in the sequel of HIT?
- Naga Shaurya, Ritu Varma’s film heads to Dubai
- Niharika’s farewell parties become the talk of the town
- “I have become a pakka Telugu ammayi,” Rakul says
- Poll : Bigg Boss 4 – Did the makers purposely target Abhijeet yesterday?