Yatra, the highly-anticipated biopic on the life and legacy of former Chief Minister of erstwhile Andhra Pradesh YS Rajasekhara Reddy, will go on floors from April 9. Stalwart Malayalam actor Mammootty will be essaying YSR’s role in this prestigious biopic.
“Yatra will pay tribute to the unrelenting and undying spirit of Dr. YSR,” say the makers. The movie will showcase how one individual changed the course of history during a grueling 60-day and 1500 kilometer pada”YATRA” in the scorching hot summer to comprehend the day to day struggles of people.
Appalled by the plight of the farmers and villagers during his padayatra, YSR was determined to make people’s lives better and assured them free power, subsidized education and health care and numerous other schemes.
Mahi V Raghav, the director of blockbuster Anando Brahma, is directing Yatra. 70mm Entertainments, the banner that’s riding high on the success of Anando Brahma, is producing this movie. Producers Vijay Chilla and Shashi Devireddy are leaving no stone unturned to make sure that this movie matches the legendary personality of Dr. YSR.
Articles that might interest you:
- Bigg Boss girl bags a role in Raj Tharun’s next
- Pushpa The Rise to showcase this aspect of Allu Arjun
- Rambha’s tribute song from Maha Samudran to be out tomorrow
- Love Story and Virata Parvam to follow Tuck Jagadish?
- Nani’s Meet Cute filming going on in jet speed
- Maa elections- Will Prakash Raj hit back at his detractors?