The grand success of Aamir Khan’s Dangal in China has opened the flood gates to several other Indian movies to show their might at the Chinese box-office. After Secret Superstar and Bajrangi Bhaijaan, yet another Indian film is making its presence felt in China.
Akshay Kumar’s award winning social drama, Toilet: Ek Prem Katha, dubbed in Chinese as Toilet Hero and released across Mainland China yesterday. After grossing $2.36 million on its opening day, Toilet Hero witnessed a whopping 53% rise in its collections and grossed $3.68 million on Saturday, taking the 2-day total to $6.04 million (Rs 40.79 Crores).
Toilet: Ek Prem Katha has Bhumi Pednekar as the female lead. The film was directed by Shree Narayan Singh. The film was jointly produced by Akshay Kumar and Neeraj Pandey.
- Anupama Parameswaran derives inspiration from heroes
- Rajini’s strict warning to fans over selling 2.0 tickets in black
- Popular singer-composer excited about Saaho
- Taxiwaala inches towards half-a-million-dollar mark in US
- It’s terrifying to dance alongside Prabhudeva : Amyra Dastur