Released in August last year, Arjun Reddy went on to become a critical and commercial success. Both the film’s lead actors – Vijay Deverakonda and Shalini Pandey, earned critical acclaim for their performances. However, Shalini wasn’t director Sandeep Vanga’s first choice for Preethi’s role.
In a recent interview, young actress Parvathy Nair, who acted in several hit Tamil and Malayalam movies, said that Sandeep Vanga had approached her back in 2015. “When Sandeep narrated me the script, I was a little hesitant to do the film because of the intimate kissing scenes. Also, when I read the story, it seemed so simple and ordinary, and I couldn’t measure the talent of a debut director. So, I couldn’t take up that role,” Parvathy said.
The Uttama Villain actress went on to say that she deeply regretted rejecting Arjun Reddy when she watched the movie. “Full credit to Sandeep for converting a normal love story, into an impactful film, with so much of life in it,” she added. Parvathy further revealed that she was also very depressed for refusing the critically acclaimed Tamil film, Aruvi.
Articles that might interest you:
- Ajith’s Valimai begins in Hyderabad
- Mani Ratnam’s historical epic Ponniyin Selvan kick-starts in Thailand
- Shivathmika Rajasekhar signs her second film
- Senior hero’s wish to act with NTR
- Mahesh Babu is a true Superstar: Rashmika
- Thaman composes a terrific tune for Pawan’s Pink remake