Thalaivi, the much-awaited biopic on yesteryear heroine and former Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa, has been making a lot of buzz thanks to some unique casting coups by its makers. Bollywood actress Kangana Ranaut as Jayaa, Aravind Swami as MGR and Bengali star Jisshu Sengupta as Shoban Babu are part of the project already.
Now, Thalaivi makes have roped in popular young heroine Poorna (Shamna Khasim) to reprise Jayaa’s close friend Sasikala’s role in the movie. Apparently, director AL Vijay took a look test and an audition before signing Poorna. The actress has already begun shooting for her part.
Also, Madhubala has been roped in to play MGR’s wife Janaki’s role. The film is slated to release in summer.
Articles that might interest you:
- Chay, Sai Pallavi’s Love Story off to a solid start in US
- Raja Raja Chora locks OTT release date
- Prashanth Neel pens a sensational script for Prabhas
- Poll : What did you think of ‘Love Story’ Movie?
- Star Tamil composer gears up for big Tollywood comeback
- Chiranjeevi to romance this star heroine yet again