The Govt is expected to issue a GO to single screens ,asking them to screen 5 shows a day,instead of the traditional 4. This should increase revenues for small and medium budget films along with big budget movies. Small and medium budget films rely heavily on single screens and unlike the big budget films which enjoy multiple shows a day in multiplexes, these films rarely get a shot beyond the 4 shows available in a day.
With the addition of the 5th show, the rider is that one show a day must be exclusively allotted for a small film, irrespective of the demand for big films at any given point of time.
- Rahul’s Howrah Bridge joins Republic Day clash
- Sudheer Babu kick-starts dubbing for his maiden film as producer
- Akshay Kumar postpones Padman for Padmaavat
- Sunny Leone gets a rare honor
- Gang going steady on weekdays