Legendary director Mani Ratnam is usually reticent when it comes to reflecting his political beliefs on platforms apart from movies. In a rare surprise, the director, in an interview to a national English news channel, spoke at length about the current political situation in Tamil Nadu following Jayalalithaa’s demise.
When asked about the ever-mysterious political entry of Super Star Rajinikanth, Mani said that it’s not right to pressurize Rajini to step into politics just because he is a star and said that he too has a right to take a decision.
Saying that Rajini too is a normal citizen like anyone else, Mani said Rajini will take the decision when he feels he can deliver and when the time is right. The director is all praises for his Dalapathi hero and said Rajini has no hidden agenda and that he will do what he thinks is right for the people.
- Will Rajamouli Ever Do A Film With Pawan Kalyan?
- Sunil’s next progressing in Florida
- Nag’s RGG 2 gets a tentative release date
- Paisa Vasool’s final schedule to kick-start soon
- Balayya opens up about contesting in 2019 elections
Articles that might interest you