Director Merlapaka Gandhi, who rose to fame with Sundeep Kishan’s Venkatadri Express, has teamed up with Sharwanand for Express Raja. A romantic-comedy, the film has Surabhi of Beeruva fame as the female lead. Pramod Uppalapati and Vamsi Krishna Reddy of UV Creations are producing this film and this will be their second project with Sharwanand after Run Raja Run.
The shooting of the film has been wrapped up and currently post production is going on in full swing. According to our sources, the producers are planning to release the film for Pongal, 2016. If this turns out to be true, Sharwanand will lock horns with Balakrishna’s Dictator, Nagarjuna’s Soggade Chinni Nayana and NTR’s ‘Nannaku Prematho’.
The first look poster and trailer of Express Raja have received positive feedback for quirky dialogues and stylish visuals. Praveen Lakkaraju has scored the music.
- Hello’s censor completed, set for Dec 22 release
- SLB’s Padmavati to release next month?
- After US, Akhil is all set to perform in Hyderabad
- Dil Raju to produce a cute love story
- Raai Lakshmi to play a powerful cop in her next