Super Star Rajinikanth and director Shankar’s highly-anticipated sci-fi thriller, 2.0, is scheduled for a grand worldwide release on April 27. 2.0 is touted as India’s most expensive film till date. Now, the film is on the verge of attaining yet another distinction.
Recently, Saudi Arabia lifted the ban on cinema halls after a 30-year ban. 2.0’s makers are planning to release the film’s Tamil, Telugu and Hindi versions across the West Asian country which has a sizeable Indian population. This means that 2.0 will be the first South Indian movie to release in Saudi Arabia after the ban.
2.0 also stars Bollywood hero Akshay Kumar and Amy Jackson in crucial roles. AR Rahman is the film’s music composer. Lyca Productions banner has bankrolled this high budget 3D entertainer with a whopping budget of nearly Rs. 450 crore.
Articles that might interest you:
- Review : Gunjan Saxena -Hindi film on Netflix
- Star heroine’s biopic on Indira Gandhi postponed
- Poll : Which of these actors is not utilizing his talent properly?
- Throwback picture: Venky and Mahesh on Bharat Ane Nenu set
- Rajamouli reveals the good news
- Bollywood couple Saif-Kareena expecting second child