Hema Malini, the original ‘Dream Girl’ and iconic actress, has been awarded the 2011 Akkineni Nageswara Rao Award Honouring Service to Indian Cinema. She will be presented with a citation, a memento and a cash award of 5 Lakh rupees.
The ceremony will take place at N -Convention in Madhapur on the 26th of December. The glittering ceremony would be attended by a host of celebrities and VVIP’s from all walks of life. Some of the famous recipients of this award in the past have included Dr Lata Mangeshkar, Director Dr. Balachander, Smt Anjali Devi etc.
The award was established in the year 2005 and it is awarded once a year to a distinguished personality from the Indian Film Industry.
- Kamal Haasan undergoes look test for Indian 2
- Pooja Hegde reveals fun side of Akshay Kumar
- Mohanlal slammed for his insensitive comments on #MeToo movement
- Ajith to team up with his favorite director for the fifth time?
- 2.0’s producer, director donate huge for cyclone victims