One of the legendary stars of Telugu Cinema, Superstar Krishna completes a golden jubilee in Telugu films today. Krishna’s first film, ‘Thene Manasulu’ was released on 31st March 1965. The film went on to become a super hit, launching a dashing star on Telugu screen. In his illustrious career, Krishna acted in 354 films and even produced and directed numerous films.
Always a producer’s actor, Krishna is well known for his daring initiatives in introducing several path breaking technologies to Telugu screen. First ever Cowboy film (Mosagallaku Mosagadu), first Eastman Color film (Eenadu), first 70mm film (Simhasanam) and first Cinema scope film (Alluri Sitharama Raju) are some of his contributions to the advancements of Telugu Cinema.
In 2009, Krishna was awarded the Padma Bhushan award, the country’s third highest civilian honour for his immense service to Telugu film industry. Superstar’s legacy is now being continued by his son and one of the leading stars in Telugu films, Mahesh Babu.
- RX 100 heroine’s moving Insta post on her missing brother
- Venkatesh looking for scripts like these Bollywood hits
- Shruti Haasan to perform at world renowned venue
- Popular character artiste making YS Jagan’s biopic?
- Nithiin’s next two films to be high on entertainment