Released in 1998, superstar Rajnikanth’s rural family entertainer, Muthu, went on to become a huge blockbuster in Tamil and Telugu. The film was dubbed in Japanese and had a sensational run at the box-office. Rajini had amassed a huge fan following in Japan with Muthu.
Now, after 20 years, Muthu is all set for a grand Re release in Japan on November 23. During its initial release a couple of decades ago, Muthu had collected ¥400M ($3.08M), a record still unbeaten by any other Indian film. The film had Meena as the leading lady. KS Ravikumar had directed the film.
Articles that might interest you:
- KL Rahul-Athiya Shetty to tie the knot soon?
- Akhanda and Shyam Singha Roy on OTT: When and where to watch?
- Not Alia or Kriti but Rakul Preet is the busiest actress in India
- Crazy Malayalam film wraps up its shoot
- One more film of star heroine goes to OTT
- Sumanth’s Malli Modalaindi confirms its OTT release