A day after he wrapped up shooting for Housefull 4, Akshay Kumar was summoned by a special investigation team (SIT) in Punjab in connection to a 2015 police firing probe. The incident had occurred when police fired at a mob who protested against the desecration of Guru Granth Sahib.
Akshay has been named in the case for allegedly arranging a meeting between former deputy CM Sukhbir Singh Badal and Dera Sacha Sauda’s Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh. However, Akshay Kumar has denied all these allegations and said that he has never met Ram Rahim Singh in his life.
Now, it remains to be seen if his name will be cleared by the Punjab SIT. He will soon be seen in Shankar’s 2.0 which will release on November 29.
Articles that might interest you:
- Mannara hoping for a comeback with Sita
- Namrata is the balancing factor in my life-Mahesh
- Maharshi’s stunning feat: Joins 1 Cr club in 21 centres
- Release date locked for Anand Deverakonda’s Dorasani
- ‘Oh Baby’ First look- Vibrant and intriguing
- Yet another big film joins Sankaranthi 2020 race