A day after he wrapped up shooting for Housefull 4, Akshay Kumar was summoned by a special investigation team (SIT) in Punjab in connection to a 2015 police firing probe. The incident had occurred when police fired at a mob who protested against the desecration of Guru Granth Sahib.
Akshay has been named in the case for allegedly arranging a meeting between former deputy CM Sukhbir Singh Badal and Dera Sacha Sauda’s Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh. However, Akshay Kumar has denied all these allegations and said that he has never met Ram Rahim Singh in his life.
Now, it remains to be seen if his name will be cleared by the Punjab SIT. He will soon be seen in Shankar’s 2.0 which will release on November 29.
- Buzz on Shah Rukh Khan’s daughter’s silver screen debut intensifies
- Date set for Antariksham’s pre-release event
- Rana impresses as young Chandra Babu in NTR biopic
- Details regarding Kerintha star’s new film
- Balakrishna begins the most difficult part of NTR biopic