Pushpa is Allu Arjun’s first pan-Indian film and naturally, expectations among fans and industry circles are quite high. When director Sukumar roped in the acclaimed Tamil star Vijay Sethupathi for the main antagonist’s role in Pushpa, the project got a big boost, as the Makkal Selvan is quite popular in the twin Telugu states, Kerala and even in Mumbai.
When Vijay Sethupathi signed the film, there were no plans to make Pushpa as a pan-Indian project and Vijay was happy to sign the film. However, Vijay later told Sukumar that he won’t be comfortable playing the negative role if the film is to be released in other languages. Reports of Vijay walking out of Pushpa began to storm the internet around a month ago.
In fact, national award-winning Tamil actor Bobby Simha was reportedly considered as a replacement for Vijay Sethupathi back then. And the latest update is that Vijay’s exit was inevitable and Bobby Simha has also signed on the dotted line. More clarity regarding this matter is awaited.
Articles that might interest you:
- Interesting details about Mani Ratnam’s OTT debut ‘Navarasa’
- Hyderabadi Bollywood actress strongly denies involvement in drug scandal
- Die-hard fan walks 250 kilometres to meet Allu Arjun
- Confirmed- Rana’s next to only have a big-screen release
- Senior actor to establish a film studio in AP
- National media to reveal bigger names in drug scandal