It’s been reported already that Allu Sirish will be starring in the Telugu remake of Malayalam star Dulquer Salmaan’s 2013 hit film, ABCD (American Born Confused Desi). Sanjeev Reddy will be directing the movie and KAY actress Rukshar Dhillon is the leading lady in it.
In his latest interview with a popular English daily, Sirish revealed that he was offered ABCD’s Telugu remake three months after the Malayalam version’s release in 2013. However, Sirish was avoiding remakes those days and thus he didn’t accept the offer.
Opening up about why he finally chose to remake the film, Sirish said, “When I saw ABCD, the character stuck with me and I always thought how would I have played it?” Sirish went on to say that his Malayalam fans are very excited about the remake.
ABCD’s shoot will kick-start from June 16. The makers are planning to release the movie in December. Pellichoopulu producer Yash Ranginni and Madhura Sreedhar are jointly producing the movie.
- Pawan Kalyan felicitates his school teachers
- Award-winning filmmaker announces a film on Kerala floods
- Bollywood star thrilled to share screen space with Nagarjuna
- Varma’s teaser hints at a faithful remake of Arjun Reddy
- Poll : What did you think of Varma’s teaser? ((Arjun Reddy remake)