Ever since the state bifurcation in 2014, the Andhra Pradesh government has been claiming to develop the film industry in the newly formed state. However, nothing concrete has happened on this front till date. But it looks like the government is determined to develop the film industry in the state.
In the process, th e AP government has announced a few sops to encourage Tollywood filmmakers shoot their movies in AP. A GO has been released today, stating that there will be no tax for movies that are made within a budget of 4 crores. Also, all the locations will be given to filmmakers for free. A single window counter will be set up for this purpose.
Furthermore, 316 acres of land will be allotted for the construction of film studios near the Ramanaidu Studios in Rushikonda Vizag. Finally, 10 award winning films will be given 15 lakh rupees per year.
Articles that might interest you:
- Poll : What did you think of Red’s teaser?
- Red teaser- Intriguing and well cut
- Chiranjeevi as chief guest for O Pitta Katha’s pre-release event
- Bheeshma’s solid first week Nizam share
- Bollywood star confirmed for Khaidi remake
- An extensive schedule awaits Allu Arjun-Sukumar film