For the past few weeks, thanks to Baahubali 2, a series of tweets from movie goers in Japan has captured everyone’s attention on social media. The film, which is currently playing in cinema halls in Japan, has earned a huge fan following with several moviegoers turning up at cinema halls dressed up as Baahubali, Bhaalladeva, Devasena, Avantika, and Kattappa as a tribute to their favourite characters.
Further, the Japanese distributor of the film pushed the film as an event where fans can whistle, throw confetti, and enjoy to the fullest, contrary to the practise in Japanese theatres where everyone is expected to watch the film silently. Beyond these marketing tactics, the film’s story and performances are said to have captivated everyone’s attention considering that some of the local folklore tales too have similarities with the story told in Baahubali.
In fact, the makers of the film are so thrilled that they are planning to expand the film in more theatres and screen an uncut version there. It looks like Prabhas, Rana, Anushka and Tamannaah have earned a huge fan following, after the likes of Rajinikanth and NTR Jr in Far East.
Articles that might interest you:
- Prabhas asks Salaar team to get back to work
- Ram Gopal Varma shares his review of Family Man 2
- Alia Bhatt paid a bomb for RRR?
- Poll : Post Shankar’s film which director should Ram Charan work with?
- This banner to produce Allu Arjun-Boyapati Sreenu’s next
- Nani launches Lol Salaam’s fun trailer