For the last few months, the makers of Thalaivi, a biopic on yesteryear heroine and former Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa, have been on a hunt for the actor who will play legendary yesteryear actor and Jayaa’s rumored partner Shobhan Babu. At one point, there were even speculations that Vijay Deverakonda will be portraying Shobhan Babu’s role in the movie.
But the latest update is that popular Bengali star Jisshu Sengupta has been finalized to play Shobhan Babu in Thalaivi. Jisshu has already begun prepping for his role by watching Shobhan Babu’s movies and he will further be groomed to bring perfection. Jisshu had made his foray into the Southern film industry with NTR Kathanayakudu last year. He was recently seen in a psychopath’s role in Aswathama.
Bollywood actress Kangana Ranaut is playing Jayalalithaa in Thalaivi. Noted Tamil director AL Vijay is helming this biopic and Vishnu Induri is bankrolling it.
Articles that might interest you:
- Star heroines fail on OTT- What about Samantha?
- Pawan-Trivikram film still in the pipeline
- Allu Arjun congratulates Sirish as Vilayati Sharaab hits 100M views
- Bandla Ganesh moved out of ICU
- Star composer joins Ram’s Telugu-Tamil bilingual
- This is when Anjali will join F3