Released as a Diwali festive treat for fans, Tamil star Vijay’s sports cum gangster drama, Bigil, went on to become a huge money-spinner at the box-offices worldwide. And as per an official update from the makers, Bigil has now overtaken Ajith’s Pongal hit, Viswasam, to become the all-time second highest grossing Tamil film in Tamil Nadu.
In its 24-day theatrical run in Tamil Nadu, Bigil has collected a share of Rs 83 crores, from a gross of Rs 142.75 crores, surpassing Viswasam’s Rs 138.5 crore gross. However, Bigil needs around Rs 3 crores to dethrone Baahubali 2’s Rs 145 crore gross.
Well, with its theatrical run almost coming to an end, it’ll be interesting to see if Bigil manages to pull off the top Tamil grosser feat. There are also rumors of a re-release in December to take on Baahubali 2’s record.
Articles that might interest you:
- Venky Mama’s trailer to be out during this time
- Disco Raja teaser- Raises curiosity
- Poll : What did you think of Disco Raja’s teaser?
- Sree Vishnu launches his next
- I’ll only act in “good movies” from now on: Sai Tej
- After F2 & Maharshi, Dil Raju confident of ending 2019 with a hat-trick