Released as a Diwali festive treat for fans, Tamil star Vijay’s sports cum gangster drama, Bigil, went on to become a huge money-spinner at the box-offices worldwide. And as per an official update from the makers, Bigil has now overtaken Ajith’s Pongal hit, Viswasam, to become the all-time second highest grossing Tamil film in Tamil Nadu.
In its 24-day theatrical run in Tamil Nadu, Bigil has collected a share of Rs 83 crores, from a gross of Rs 142.75 crores, surpassing Viswasam’s Rs 138.5 crore gross. However, Bigil needs around Rs 3 crores to dethrone Baahubali 2’s Rs 145 crore gross.
Well, with its theatrical run almost coming to an end, it’ll be interesting to see if Bigil manages to pull off the top Tamil grosser feat. There are also rumors of a re-release in December to take on Baahubali 2’s record.
Articles that might interest you:
- Kamal Haasan to take lead in Indian 2 issue
- Salman’s Radhe gets massive cuts from Censors
- Happening director to team up with Prabhas?
- Mahesh Babu shares important information on Covid-19
- Noted heroine talks about the importance of breast-feeding
- Stage set for Nithin- Vakkantham Vamsi film?