A biopic on former heroine turned politician Sumalatha is in the pipeline. A Kannada filmmaker named Gurudesh Pandey is planning a biopic on the actress’ life and legacy as an actress and later as a politician. The film will be made as a 10 episode web-series and it will stream on a popular OTT platform.
Sumalatha was one of the most popular heroines in the Telugu and Kannada film industries in the 80s and early 90s. She married Kannada Rebel Star Ambareesh. Following her husband’s death, Sumalatha stepped into active politics and won the Mandya parliamentary elections in 2019 as an independent candidate. The biopic will particularly highlight Sumalatha’s rise in politics.
Articles that might interest you:
- Ayyapaum Koshiyum remake to start shoot from this date
- Prabhas’ swanky gifts to his team become a hot topic
- Ram’s RED’s day 1 collections: Registers a solid opening
- Viral – Pan India stars strike a pose
- Red and Alludu Adhurs’ day one Nizam collections
- 14th Jan- Master and Krack’s Nizam collections