Released on April 29, Marathi film Sairat, which was made with a modest budget of 4 crores, became a huge blockbuster by grossing nearly 85 crores. This intense romantic drama, directed by Nagraj Manjule, made its starts Rinku Rajguru and Akash Thosar overnight stars in Marathi film industry.
Now, Sairat is all set to be remade in all the four major south Indian languages. Popular Kannada producer Rockline Venkatesh, who made Rajini’s Lingaa and Ravi Teja’s Power, grabbed the film’s remake rights for all the four versions. He will produce these remakes along with the Marathi producers.
Nagraj Manjule will himself direct the Telugu version. Casting process has kick-started already and all the four films will go to the sets in August.
- Interview : Nagarjuna – My chemistry with Nani will be the highlight of Deva Das
- Mixed response helps star hero’s son
- Amar Akbar Anthony’s intriguing pivot raises curiosity
- For the first time, Mythri Movie Makers to bankroll a low budget film
- Box Office : Report for the week ending 23-09-2018