Bollywood seems to be rejuvenated by some sort of success tonic from Tollywood. If 2011 was Salman with a remake of Ready, the coming year will see “Dhee” being remade. This time around Sanjay Dutt will be essaying the role of Mangal Bhai – the one Sree Hari played in the original. Abhishek Bachan will be the hero. Lakshmi Narsimha too is being remade with Sanjay Dutt as the hero. Direction will be by K S Ravi Kumar. And then Maryada Ramanna will be remade as Son of Sardar with Ajay Devgun in the lead. Ravi Teja-starrer Vikramarkudu will have a Hindi avatar as “Rowdy Rathod”. And finally Salman will once again be seen in yet another Ravi Teja remake – Kick. Sonakshi Sinha will be his heroine. This trend was in vogue 30 years ago with Padmalaya Studios taking the lead in doing Tollywood remakes in Bollywood. The heroes who were chosen were Anil Kapoor and Jithendra. That remake wave was primarily responsible for Sridevi’s foray into Bollywood in the mid 1980s and now the remake trend is making waves once again in Bollywood.
- Interview : Nagarjuna – My chemistry with Nani will be the highlight of Deva Das
- Mixed response helps star hero’s son
- Amar Akbar Anthony’s intriguing pivot raises curiosity
- For the first time, Mythri Movie Makers to bankroll a low budget film
- Box Office : Report for the week ending 23-09-2018