Bollywood star Akshay Kumar, who is basking in the success of his recent release, Good Newzz, has landed in legal soup. Akshay’s latest ad film for a popular detergent powder brand has not gone down well with Marathis.
The controversial ad in question has Akshay portraying a Maratha warrior who returns to his kingdom after defeating the enemies. When one of his soldier’s wives scolds the army for his dirty clothes, Akshay says if his army can win the battle, it can also wash clothes. Akshay then dances while washing clothes.
Angered Shivaji followers filed a complaint against Akshay and the ad filmmakers at the Worli police station in Mumbai for mocking the Marathi culture and hurting the sentiments. Akshay is yet to respond.
Articles that might interest you:
- No interval for Vijay Sethupathi’s Hindi film
- Varun Dhawan wedding: Family assembles here
- Katrina Kaif’s sister to try her luck once again
- Krack continues to impress the box office numbers
- Latest edition of Special Ops’ gets a title
- Bangaru Bullodu gets good release across Telugu states