Bollywood star Akshay Kumar, who is basking in the success of his recent release, Good Newzz, has landed in legal soup. Akshay’s latest ad film for a popular detergent powder brand has not gone down well with Marathis.
The controversial ad in question has Akshay portraying a Maratha warrior who returns to his kingdom after defeating the enemies. When one of his soldier’s wives scolds the army for his dirty clothes, Akshay says if his army can win the battle, it can also wash clothes. Akshay then dances while washing clothes.
Angered Shivaji followers filed a complaint against Akshay and the ad filmmakers at the Worli police station in Mumbai for mocking the Marathi culture and hurting the sentiments. Akshay is yet to respond.
Articles that might interest you:
- Balayya’s next locked?
- Ram to keep RED aside; Gearing up to announce his next?
- Prabhas, the first South Indian hero to enter a rare league
- Noted streaming channel to bailout Gopichand’s long delayed film?
- Young actress undergoes COVID-19 test
- RGV’s Disha Encounter’s trailer recounts the 26/11 horror