Super Star Rajinikanth’s Darbar had a solid start at the box-office yesterday. The film is having a rock solid day 2 across Tamil Nadu, AP and Telangana and other parts of the world. Meanwhile, the “shopping from jail” dialogue in the film became controversial as it is allegedly based on former Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa’s close friend Sasikala.
Sasikala’s lawyer had moved the Madras High Court, requesting the controversial dialogue be deleted from the film. In a quick response, Darbar’s production house Lyca Productions’ representatives announced that the dialogue in question has been deleted. Lyca has clarified that the dialogue was only included with an intention of providing entertainment to the audience and that it is not intended to offend anyone.
Articles that might interest you:
- Poll : Did RRR’s Dosti song reach your expectations?
- Team RRR flies to Europe for all-important schedule
- Sarkaru Vaari Paata’s First Notice poster sets a stunning new record
- Chiranjeevi’s special gift to his director Bobby on his birthday
- Friendship Day memory: Nani poses with Baahubali and RRR stars
- Striking first look of Ashwin Babu and Nandita Swetha’s Hidimba unveiled