While Mersal (Adirindhi in Telugu) is all set for a grand release this Diwali, fans of Tamil superstar Vijay were anxious over the past few days. It all started with the producer of a Tamil film titled Naan Mersalaayitten filing a case against Mersal’s producers for using almost a similar title. The Madras High Court even passed an interim order against using the title.
And here comes the much-needed relief. The court today dismissed the case and ruled in favor of Mersal, giving the film’s makers all the rights to use Mersal title. Mersal has Vijay essaying three different roles for the first time in his career. Kajal, Samantha and Nitya Menen are the film’s leading ladies. Atlee is the director and Sri Thenandal Films banner has bankrolled the project.
- Award-winning filmmaker announces a film on Kerala floods
- Bollywood star thrilled to share screen space with Nagarjuna
- Varma’s teaser hints at a faithful remake of Arjun Reddy
- Poll : What did you think of Varma’s teaser? ((Arjun Reddy remake)
- Poll : Who among these contestants will get eliminated today in Bigg Boss2?