While Mersal (Adirindhi in Telugu) is all set for a grand release this Diwali, fans of Tamil superstar Vijay were anxious over the past few days. It all started with the producer of a Tamil film titled Naan Mersalaayitten filing a case against Mersal’s producers for using almost a similar title. The Madras High Court even passed an interim order against using the title.
And here comes the much-needed relief. The court today dismissed the case and ruled in favor of Mersal, giving the film’s makers all the rights to use Mersal title. Mersal has Vijay essaying three different roles for the first time in his career. Kajal, Samantha and Nitya Menen are the film’s leading ladies. Atlee is the director and Sri Thenandal Films banner has bankrolled the project.
- Mahesh eyes his lucky season for Mahesh25
- Ram’s HGPK underway in Kakinada
- Much-awaited updates on Kamal’s Vishwaroopam 2 & Sabhash Naidu
- Intense comparisons between Sarkar and Bharat Ane Nenu’s storylines
- No one can beat Chiranjeevi garu in that aspect: Rajamouli