The phenomenal box-office performance by two iconic Indian films, Baahubali The Conclusion and Dangal, over the past few weeks has raised the bar several notches higher for Indian movies not only in India but also in overseas. Movie lovers across the country are celebrating these epic blockbusters.
While SS Rajamouli’s ambitious magnum opus, Baahubali 2, became India’s first movie to gross over 1,000 crore worldwide, Aamir Khan’s Dangal, thanks to its staggering show in China, has just breached past Baahubali 2 to become the country’s all-time highest grossing movie.
As of Sunday, Dangal grossed a record breaking Rs.1,665 crore worldwide, overtaking Baahubali 2’s Rs.1,633 crore. Even though Baahubali continues its steady run, its only hope now to cross Dangal’s collections is its upcoming Chinese release.
- Aditi Rao signs a Bollywood biggie
- Rajamouli ropes in star writer for his next
- Hero invites audiences to write reviews of his film
- Interview : Sudheer Babu- Producing films was always on my mind
- Fresh trouble for Vijay’s NOTA