Sridevi’s comeback film English Vinglish has been selected for the prestigious Toronto Film Festival. Directed by Gauri Shinde, the film stars Sridevi who plays the role of a rural woman who wants to learn English. Priya Anand is also making her debut in Hindi cinema in this film which is slated for release on September 21 in Hindi, Telugu and Tamil. Apart from English Vinglish, Deepa Mehta’s Midnight’s Children will also be competing for the top prize at this film festival. The film, which is based on Salman Rushdie’s book of the same name, has Siddharth, Shriya, Anupam Kher and many other actors essaying lead roles. Mira Nair’s The Reluctant Fundamentalist, which is based on a book written by Mohsin Hamid, has also been selected for this international film festival which will be held in Toronto from September 6-16.
- Big test for Deva Das director
- Kiara Advani excited about Arjun Reddy Hindi remake
- Bollywood biggie to be dubbed in Telugu
- Interesting title in consideration for RC12?
- Much-awaited Bollywood biopic to be shot in Hyderabad