Sridevi’s comeback film English Vinglish has been selected for the prestigious Toronto Film Festival. Directed by Gauri Shinde, the film stars Sridevi who plays the role of a rural woman who wants to learn English. Priya Anand is also making her debut in Hindi cinema in this film which is slated for release on September 21 in Hindi, Telugu and Tamil. Apart from English Vinglish, Deepa Mehta’s Midnight’s Children will also be competing for the top prize at this film festival. The film, which is based on Salman Rushdie’s book of the same name, has Siddharth, Shriya, Anupam Kher and many other actors essaying lead roles. Mira Nair’s The Reluctant Fundamentalist, which is based on a book written by Mohsin Hamid, has also been selected for this international film festival which will be held in Toronto from September 6-16.
Articles that might interest you:
- Actresses in commercial films don’t have to act dumb all the time: Raashi
- Sandeep Madhav reveals his hard work for George Reddy’s role
- Prathi Roju Pandage’s core plot is sure to tug at your heartstrings
- Mahesh, Allu Arjun have an admirer in this Bollywood star
- Yet another Telugu girl to try her luck this week
- Will this young actor make it big with this week’s release?