The current crop of heroines are no pushovers. Samantha, Anushka, Nithya Menon, Shruti Hasan, Trisha, Tamannah and Ileana are demanding and getting way more than the proverbial song and dance sequences. In a typically male dominated industry this trend can be considered a big win. Samantha says her role in seethamma vakitlo sirimalle chettu will be a surprise even though there are two big stars in the film. “Key aspects of the film revolve around me” the actress says.
She is also very excited about her next venture with Gautam Menon – Yeto Vellipoyindhi Manasu. Gautam Menon was also the director of her debut film Em Maya Chaesave. Tamananh meanwhile had her share of substantial roles in Badrinadh, 100% Love and Vusaravelli. Shruti says, Gabbar Singh will be a pleasant surprise for her fans. Ditto with Nithya Menon in her forthcoming flick Ishq. “It is a performance-oriented character”, she admitted with a great deal of satisfaction. Anushka told journalists that after Arundhati, Dhamarakam with Nagarjuna has given her a chance to show case her acting prowess.
Articles that might interest you:
- Poll : Which of these aspects of Samantha impress you the most?
- Lockdown Review : Rejctx 2 -Hindi web series on Zee 5
- Sarkaru Vaari Paata’s title poster sets a new record in Tollywood
- Exclusive Interview : Abhisehk Nama-Producers need to take more responsibility post-lockdown
- Biopic on Weightlifting legend Karnam Malleswari to be a pan-Indian biggie
- Vamsi Paidipally joins hands with Allu Aravind-Here’s why?