Legendary music composer Ilayaraja has once again demanded royalty from singers singing his songs in musical concerts. In a video message that was released recently, Ilayaraja said that all the singers who wish to sing his songs must obtain prior permission.
“I do not have any objection to singers singing my songs for free. But if they are earning out of my songs, I should get my share. I have given the power of attorney to the South Indian Film Musicians Association to collect royalty on my behalf. I will initiate legal actions against those exploiting my songs henceforth,” said Ilayaraja.
Articles that might interest you:
- Young hero’s mother breaks down after watching Sita
- Aishwarya meme: Vivek Oberoi dropped by charity foundation
- Bollywood actress lands plum role in Christopher Nolan’s Tenet
- Nidhi Aggarwal set for her Tamil debut
- Paris calling for Vijay Devarakonda
- Mahesh to attend WC 2019 with family