Legendary music composer Ilayaraja has once again demanded royalty from singers singing his songs in musical concerts. In a video message that was released recently, Ilayaraja said that all the singers who wish to sing his songs must obtain prior permission.
“I do not have any objection to singers singing my songs for free. But if they are earning out of my songs, I should get my share. I have given the power of attorney to the South Indian Film Musicians Association to collect royalty on my behalf. I will initiate legal actions against those exploiting my songs henceforth,” said Ilayaraja.
- Ram Charan to shake a leg with Bollywood actress
- Whopping budget for Gunasekhar-Rana’s Hiranyakasipa
- Vijay Deverakonda in talks for yet another Telugu-Tamil bilingual?
- 2.0 achieves a rare feat in three languages
- Young heroine’s 50th film lands in an unexpected controversy