Until recently, there were reports that Tamil star Vijay Sethupathi will be playing the main antagonist’s role in Allu Arjun and Sukumar’s Pushpa. But ever since Pushpa was announced as a pan-India film, with a release even in Tamil, Vijay Sethupathi has not been too keen on the project.
Apparently, Vijay Sethupathi had told Sukumar that he will be acting in all the versions except in Tamil. Vijay is a star hero in Kollywood and it may be a bit too hard for his fans to accept him in a negative role, that too opposite another top star like Allu Arjun.
So, Sukumar is planning to rope in Bobby Simha to replace Vijay Sethupathi in Pushpa’s Tamil version. More clarity will emerge in the coming weeks.
Articles that might interest you:
- Naga Shaurya-Aneesh Krishna’s film launched formally
- Crazy buzz: Balayya-Boyapati to collaborate for a prestigious project?
- Allu Arjun to shoot for Pushpa in Vizag
- Finally, Pawan Kalyan all set to resume Vakeel Saab’s shoot
- Talented actress signed on for Pelli SandaD
- Business in full swing for Balayya-Boyapati film?