Super Star Rajinikanth’s ongoing gangster drama, Kaala, wrapped up its first schedule in Mumbai. The second schedule will kick-start in Chennai from June 24th. Meanwhile, Kaala’s team is facing plagiarism charges from a Tamil script writer and director named K Rajasekaran.
K Rajasekaran aka KS Nagaraj had filed a complaint with the Chennai Police Commissioner and even approached the court, alleging that Kaala’s title and its core plot may have been stolen from his script. He also said that he had written the story of ‘Kaala Karikaalan’ and registered the title with the South Indian Film Chamber of Commerce way back in 1996.
The case was presented before the court yesterday and the court gave one week’s time for Kaala’s makers to come up with their argument. Kaala’s makers, director Pa Ranjith and producer Dhanush, are yet to make a statement regarding the issue.
- Rana rubbishes rumors about his health
- Bollywood actress’ wish: To debut in Tollywood opposite Prabhas
- Chay to play a cricketer in his next
- Madras High Court comes to Trisha’s rescue
- Kiara Advani treats herself to an authentic Hyderabadi experience