Kangana Ranaut’s 2019 film, Manikarnika: The Queen of Jhansi, a biopic on the warrior queen Jhansi Laxmibai brought her the National award as the best actress.
Directed by Telugu filmmaker Krish, Manikarnika showcased Laxmibai’s valor and the humane side of her persona. She was appreciated a lot by critics and fans.
Earlier, Kangana won National awards in the best actress category for films like Queen and Tanu Weds Manu.
Articles that might interest you:
- Pawan Kalyan recovering; Urges people to be more cautious about COVID
- Aditi Rao Hydari stuns everyone with her Netflix film
- Interesting buzz on Akhil Akkineni’s next project
- Praveen Sattaru reveals major details about Nagarjuna’s next
- Top OTT platform acquires Balayya’s Akhanda
- Bigg Boss Sohel signs noted producer’s next