Kangana Ranaut’s 2019 film, Manikarnika: The Queen of Jhansi, a biopic on the warrior queen Jhansi Laxmibai brought her the National award as the best actress.
Directed by Telugu filmmaker Krish, Manikarnika showcased Laxmibai’s valor and the humane side of her persona. She was appreciated a lot by critics and fans.
Earlier, Kangana won National awards in the best actress category for films like Queen and Tanu Weds Manu.
Articles that might interest you:
- Pooja Hegde eyes a double hat-trick with Radhe Shyam
- This Allu Arjun, Pooja Hegde film is her father’s most favourite
- Chiranjeevi undergoes minor surgery
- Venkatesh, Varun Tej’s special picture after F3’s schedule wrap
- What is Balakrishna’s remuneration for Aha’s Unstoppable?
- Interested speculations on Ram Charan RC16