The release date of Karthi’s upcoming film Biriyani has been confirmed and it’s gearing up for release in Telugu and Tamil on September 6. Hansika is playing the lead role opposite Karthi and the film also stars Premgi and Mandy Takhar. Venkat Prabhu has directed the film and K E Gnanavel Raja has produced it under Studio Green banner. Yuvan Shankar Raja has scored the music and most part of the film has been shot in Hyderabad and Chennai. The film is expected to give a major push to Karthi’s career, whose previous two films – Shakuni and Bad Boy, couldn’t click at box-office in Andhra Pradesh. Biriyani is a full fledged action and comedy entertainer which revolves around the life of a protagonist whose life changes after one night when he goes looking for Biriyani. In the past, Venkat Prabhu had directed Tamil films like Chennai-28, Saroja, Goa and Mankatha. Out of all these films, Mankatha, which was dubbed in Telugu as Gambler, did quite well at box-office. Lets wait and watch if Karthi manages to break the jinx with this film in Telugu.
- Ram Charan, Kiara groove for a mass number in VVR
- Bollywood actress wraps up Shakeela biopic
- RX100 hero Kartikeya to romance two heroines in Hippi
- Rejected 50 scripts before signing Kavacham: Bellamkonda Sai
- Tanish’s film on Bezawada rowdy lands in a controversy