Yash starrer KGF is rewriting several box office records for a Kannada film, and now, it has achieved a major milestone in its home state of Karnataka. For the first time ever, a Kannada film has grossed more than Rs 100 crores in Karnataka, and KGF has become the second film to do so after Baahubali 2 in 2017.
Directed by Prashanth Neel, the epic action drama has been well received in Telugu and Hindi too. While the Telugu version turned out to be a good bet for the distributors, the Hindi version has crossed Rs 31 crores nett and it is expected to be the fourth highest grossing dubbed film in Hindi behind Baahubali 2, 2.0, and Baahubali.
As per some trade estimates, the film has grossed more than Rs 175 crores on the whole, and it is releasing in more screens abroad. The film unit is going to take a break for the next few weeks, and the shoot for KGF : Chapter 2 is expected to begin later this year. More details about the sequel are awaited.
Articles that might interest you:
- Sye Raa Trailer- Celeb Reactions
- Sye Raa Trailer – Epic and Mind-Blowing
- Poll : What did you think of Sye Raa’s trailer
- Bigg Boss- Remuneration of Varun Sandesh and Vithika revealed
- Top comedians in discussion for Prabhas’s next
- Noted heroine’s link-up rumor goes viral