Legendary director and actor Kalatapasvi K Viswanath has been honored with the Rotary Club Lifetime Achievement Award for the year 2016-17. The award ceremony took place in Vijayawada today as part of Rotary Club’s Platinum Jubilee celebrations.
In his illustrious career that spanned over 60 years, K Viswanath directed 56 memorable movies. Shankarabharanam, Sagara Sangamam, Swati Muthyam and Sruthilayalu etc are some of his acclaimed classics.
In 1992, K Viswanath was honored with the country’s fourth highest civilian award Padma Shri and then the prestigious Dadasaheb Phalke Award, the highest award in Indian Cinema, in 2017.
Articles that might interest you:
- Pawan reacts to rumors of clashes with Chiru
- Baahubali producers tight-lipped about their next feature film
- Vijay, Raashi turn Gautham and Yamini in WFL’s new poster
- Venky wants to see Chay in a film like this
- Ritu Varma bags a biggie in Tamil
- Venky Mama’s solid show in Australia