Legendary poet, lyricist and Jnanpith awardee Dr. C Narayana Reddy passed away at a private hospital in Hyderabad today morning. Ci Na Re, as he was fondly called, breathed his last after prolonged illness. He was 85.
Ci Na Re was born in Hanumajipeta, Karimnagar in 1931. He revolutionized Telugu literature with hundreds of his classic literary works. In 1988, Ci Na Re was honored with the prestigious Jnanpith Awards for his iconic poetic collection, Viswambara. He was awarded the Padma Shri in 1977 and Padma Bhushan in 1992. He was also nominated to the Rajya Sabha in 1997.
Ci Na Re wrote close to 3,500 songs in several hit classic movies such as Gulebakavali Katha, Bandipotu, Ramudu Bheemudu, Osey Ramulamma and the super hit Jejemma song from Arundati.
Telangana CM KCR, AP CM Nara Chandrababu Naidu and several celebrities from the film and political worlds paid homage to the departed literary giant. 123telugu.com extends its deepest condolences to the bereaved family.
Articles that might interest you:
- Prabhas to lose more weight
- Pawan to take a decision on comeback very soon
- Allu Arjun thanks fans for making Samajavaragamana the most liked song
- Poll : In which of these genres should Mahesh and Rajamouli collaborate?
- Bigg Boss-This lady contestant to be out this week?
- Raju Gari Gadhi 3’s first-day AP/TG collections