Tamil star Suriya’s call for the abolition of the controversial NEET exam and his criticism of the judiciary for its ruling in favour of conducting the exam landed him in trouble a few days ago. A retired judge moved the HC to initiate a contempt of court case against Suriya. Meanwhile, Suriya has been receiving a lot of support from the youth and his fans for his stance.
Yesterday, the court went soft on Suriya and ruled that no contempt case will be filed against Suriya. The court, however, termed Suriya’s comments “unnecessary and unwarranted” and that such statement “could have been avoided in a much more sober way instead of an accusing tone.”
Articles that might interest you:
- Bigg Boss 4: Nag, Samantha to enthrall in Dasara special episode
- Two young beauties for noted director’s son’s debut film
- Another actor from the Superstar family all set for debut
- Bond25 ‘No Time To Die’ to release on OTT?
- Adivasis warn Rajamouli over Komaram Bheem’s portrayal in RRR
- Opinion : Balakrishna’s Narthanasala – Leaves you with mixed feelings