Mahanati, the much-awaited biopic on legendary Telugu heroine Savitri, was supposed to release in the last week of March. However, the film was postponed to mid-summer since Ram Charan’s Rangasthalam is releasing on March 30. This morning, the makers have officially announced that Mahanati will be hitting the screens on May 9.
Incidentally, Mahanati’s producer C Ashwini Dutt’s iconic yesteryear hit, Jagadekaveerudu Athiloka Sundari, too, was released on May 9 in the year 1990. Mahanati is also releasing in Tamil and Malayalam. Keerthi Suresh is reprising the legendary Savitri in the movie. The film also stars Naga Chaitanya as ANR, Dulquer Salmaan as Gemini Ganesan, Prakash Raj as Chakrapani, Samantha as a journalist and Vijay Deverakonda and Shalini Pandey in prominent roles.
Mahanati is being directed by Nag Ashwin and produced by Swapna and Priyanka Dutt under Swapna Cinema and Vyjayanthi Movies is presenting the movie. Mickey J Meyer is scoring the music.
Articles that might interest you:
- After Chiru152, Trisha signs another mega project
- Mahesh Babu’s dance feast with Sarileru Neekevvaru
- Poll : Which among these film promotions has impressed you the most?
- Star actor applies for Indian citizenship
- Raj Tarun banks on Uyyala Jampala sentiment for ILO
- My stories are born out of my anger: Balakrishna