Controversies aside, 2011 is the year of Mahesh Babu. He was the only one among the top draw heroes in Tollywood who could deliver a “super hit.” The rest (of the heroes) did have their moments – e.g. Balayya in Sri Rama Rajyam and Nagarjuna in Rajanna. Looking back, 100% Love was a movie that lived up to the expectations. But Naga Chaitanya’s success at box-office dampened with the failures of Dhada and Bezawada. Shakti’s box-office collections, despite the content of the film, proves NTR Jr’s box office pull. The same can be said about Allu Arjun for Badrinath. Ravi Teja’s Mirapakaya did not disappoint commercially, but Veera fizzled out. If anything the other hits like Ala Modalayyindi, Pilla Zamindar came from unexpected quarters. Mr Perfect saved Prabhas the box office blushes, while the same could not be said for the likes of Pawan Kalyan.
- Aravinda Sametha’s Peniviti song gets an unanimous thumbs up
- Akhil’s ultra stylish look in Mr. Majnu’s teaser wows fans
- Brazilian model to debut with Akhil’s Mr Majnu
- Poll : What did you think of Mr.Majnu’s first look?
- Femina Miss India South eager to make a mark in Tollywood