Recently, Malayalam heroine Parvathy Menon faced severe criticism from the fans of Malayalam Megastar Mammootty. Fans couldn’t digest Parvathy’s comments on the growing misogyny in Malayalam movies and targeted her for criticizing a derogatory scene featuring Mammootty from his 2016 film, Kasaba.
As soon as the online trolling crossed the line and turned into abuse, Parvathy filed a complaint and the cops arrested a 23-year-old Mammootty fan a couple of days ago. The stalwart actor has finally opened up about the controversy and said that he didn’t ask anyone to defend him.
“I don’t go after any controversy. What we need are meaningful debates. I have not assigned anyone to respond on my behalf or defend me. I never appreciate my fans abusing anyone,” Mammootty said. He further said that he told Parvathy to not worry too much when she texted him about the issue.
- Vikram’s Saamy completes censor; All set for Sep 21 release
- Will Nani team up with Brahmotsavam director?
- Time set for ANR’s look from NTR biopic
- Update on Ravi Teja-VI Anand’s film
- Aravinda Sametha’s Peniviti song gets an unanimous thumbs up