Acclaimed director Krish is currently busy with the ambitious historical biopic, Manikarnika, based on the heroics of one of India’s greatest freedom fighters, Jhansi Ki Rani Lakshmibai. On the occasion of Lakshmibai’s 189th birth anniversary today, Manikarnika’s team paid tributes to the national icon by unveiling a new poster.
Manikarnika features Bollywood actress Kangana Ranaut essaying Lakshmibai’s role. The film also stars Sonu Sood and popular TV actress Ankita Lokhande. V Vijayendra Prasad has written the film’s script. Zee Studios is bankrolling this epic magnum opus in association with Kamal Jain and Nishant Pitti. Manikarnika will release on April 27, 2018, in Hindi, Telugu and Tamil.
- In front of Nag, Nani makes a promise to Bigg Boss finalists
- Saina Nehwal’s biopic goes on floors
- I had vowed to never use my father’s name in my career: Dulquer Salmaan
- Dhruv was skeptical and nervous about Arjun Reddy remake: Vikram
- Nagarjuna opens up about nepotism in film industry