A day after Preity Zinta landed in trouble for her comments on #MeToo movement, Malayalam superstar Mohanlal too has stirred up a controversy for his stance on the issue. In a recent interview, when he was asked for his take on the #MeToo movement, the actor said that it is just a fad.
The actor was in Abu Dhabi to promote a charity fund raising show when he spoke up about the MeToo movement and in a press conference he said, “Everyone knows everything that has happened. There is not much problem right now in Malayalam film industry. Just don’t say things and create problems. You cannot believe that #MeToo is a movement. It is a fad, it is changing into a fashion. Anything new, it will be alive for a few days. It can happen everywhere, not only in films, everywhere.”
As soon as the news went viral, Mohanlal was slammed on social media by several people, from journalists to activists, for his insensitive comments. Several people objected to his stand of comparing the movement to fashion. Now, it remains to be seen how he is going to handle the controversy.
Articles that might interest you:
- Budget issues make Suresh Babu take a key decision for Rana’s next?
- Poll : Who among these two should romance NTR in Trivikram film?
- Samantha to romance this actor in her next?
- Bheeshma takes a solid start-Day One collections
- Will he, won’t he?: Speculations on Ram Charan’s role in Chiru152
- Mahesh Babu eyes famous theater in Bangalore for his multiplex