Recently, the Chicago police arrested a Telugu couple which has close ties with several Tollywood actresses. The couple is facing charges of pimping the actresses who ‘solicited’ NRIs for quick money. The incident has once again marred Tollywood’s reputation.
Acting swiftly, the Movie Artiste’s Association (MAA) President and senior actor Sivaji Raja said that from now on, all the actresses must consult with the MAA before flying abroad. “Whoever wants to go to the US to participate in private events, should inform the MAA before leaving. We will guide artistes and verify if the event being organised is real or fake,” Sivaji Raja told an English daily.
Sivaji Raja further revealed that many NRI event managers invite actresses for fake events and lure them with money. “If actresses inform us of these invitations, we can consult with people there and look after their safety,” he said.
Articles that might interest you:
- Nagababu claims moral victory for Janasena
- Sharwanand’s next with young director?
- Lawrence hints at returning to Laxmmi Bomb
- Prabhudeva, Tamannaah’s film postponed to avoid confusion
- Manchu couple congratulates YS Jagan and Bharathi
- Hollywood flick Aladdin beats latest Bollywood releases