The Mumbai Metropolitan Court has issued a bailable warrant against Bollywood actress Kangana Ranaut in the criminal defamation complaint by veteran Bollywood lyricist Javed Akhtar. Kangana was issued the warrant after she failed to appear in front of the court even after the Metropolitan Magistrate summoned her to remain present in the Court on Monday.
Kangana’s advocate Rizwan Siddiquee said that the actress would be challenging the entire proceedings in the High Court. However, the court, while saying that Kangana has the right to challenge in the higher court, a bailable warrant against Rs 1,000 will be issued since she didn’t appear before this court.
Javed Akhtar had moved the court against Kangana for her derogatory comments against him in an interview aired on Republic TV with Arnab Goswami. Kangana allegedly said in the program that Javed Akhtar was part of a “Bollywood suicide gang” who could “get away with anything”.
Articles that might interest you:
- Sivakarthikeyan’s Doctor locks Netflix release date
- Vijay Deverakonda on Balakrishna’s Unstoppable?
- Allu Arjun, Vijay Deverakonda for Pushpaka Vimanam’s pre-release event
- Prabhas joins Adipurush sets for one last time
- A rare and gorgeous snap of Silk Smitha goes viral
- Allu Arjun to grace Pushpaka Vimanam’s pre-release event?