The 65th National Awards Ceremony, which is going to be held later today in New Delhi, has turned controversial after the winners were told that the President of India is going to give awards to only 11 winners. It has been a custom since the inception of the ceremony that all the winners will get their awards and certificates from the President; however, it is not the case this year.
Yesterday, at the rehearsal ceremony, the winners were informed that the President, Ram Nath Kovind will be present only for an hour which gives him time to only present the awards to a select few winners. And rest of the winners will be given awards by central ministers like Smriti Irani and others. However, this decision didn’t go well with a lot of people and there is a buzz that several filmmakers and technicians might boycott the event if the government officials don’t change their mind.
Malayalam film industry won bulk of the awards this year, whereas Baahubali 2 won three awards including an award for Best Popular Film.
Articles that might interest you:
- Chiranjeevi-Koratala film to have an interesting backdrop
- National award-winning actor joins Disco Raja
- Still no update on Nikhil’s Arjun Suravaram
- Rashmika super excited to shoot with Mahesh Babu
- Star hero gives blockbuster but has no films in hand
- Fresh speculation on NTR’s lady in RRR